Thursday, February 3, 2011

So I just walked in my room and turned on the light to see Gilberto scamper on up the wall to hide behind my curtain, so I suppose he is still alive and kicking. This week has been kind of busy with school work. We had mid terms for our first bimester of classes! I think both of mine went pretty well, Im just glad to be done with it. Tomorrow marks my one month anniversary of being in Ecuador! I cant believe how fast everything is going by!
This morning I had another lovely experience with the Ecuadorian government administrative agencies. I spent the entire morning in the Immigration office... but the good news is that I finally received my census card (four hours after arriving) so now I have an official ID for the rest of my time here! I would like to note that the system shut down in the middle of us being there and not a single worker seemed bothered at all. Apparently this happens pretty regularly here. The guy behind the counter went and got a bottle of water and a mango and just sat there and stared at us like he couldnt care less. Also, after I did finally receive my card it was laminated using a hair straightener... classy right?
Anyway, its finally the weekend (we dont have classes on Fridays!) I am going out in a little while to celebrate my friend from Germanys 25th birthday and then we take off for Cuenca in the morning. Leonor has already promised to make me a bolon to take on the bus with me in the morning for breakfast when I get hungry. A bolon is this awesome platain and cheese thing that is my new addition... I love getting spoiled here.
Here is the itinerary for the weekend in Cuenca:

Friday, 4 February
7:45Meet at UEES
11:30Meet guide at Cajas National Park
Guided hike, boxed lunch (included)
14:00Finish hike; meet bus
15:00Arrive Cuenca; panoramic tour of city
17:00Arrive hotel
Dinner on your own
Hotel San Andres (February 4-6)
Address: Gran Colombia 11-66 y Tarqui
Telephone: (593 7) 2850039
Saturday, 5 February
7:00Wake up call and breakfast in hotel
8:00Walking tour of Historic Center
11:00Museo Banco Central
11:30Finish Tour; lunch on your own
Free afternoon w/suggestions 
Sunday, 6 February
7:00Wake up call and breakfast in hotel
8:00Depart for Ingapirca
10:00Short visit to CaƱar market
11:00Arrive Ingapirca; guided tour 
14:00Lunch at Cuna del Sol (included)
15:00Depart for Guayaquil
18:00Arrive Guayaquil


But now I have to go... I think my dinner is ready :)

No comments:

Post a Comment