Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Arrival!

Its been a long day! We left the house in Roanoke at 330 am and made it to the airport in Greensboro in plenty of time to catch my seven oclock flight. The layover in Atlanta was long but the second flight went smooth. The food on the plane was cheesey but not too bad and the movie wouldnt work. But I guess traveling is about making sacrifices.
The view when we landed was amazing! Quito is in the middle of a huge valley and all you could see were the lights extending everywhere. Sadly I couldnt get a good picture because I was in the aisle seat. But the hostile is clean and nice quality and provides us with breakfast in the morning. And has internet! 
So far Ive been really impressed with how bilingual everyone is. The entire airport staff switches between english to spanish in a blink of an eye.
We have an exciting day planned for tomorrow... a visit to a historic building that houses a lot of art and then a guided tour through the city!

I will write more when Im not so tired!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it OK. The pictures are great keep them coming.It is great to hear from you so soon. The internet is great.
    I just finished eating one of the cookies you girls made me for Christmas and the are fantastic
    Have a great day.
    Love Tickle

    ReplyDelete